Brave Wave is a dynamic bookkeeping and payroll solutions firm with an invested focus on cloud business automation solutions. Due to continuous steady growth and opportunity, we are looking for a full-time experienced Bookkeeper to join our team based out of Newmarket.
Are you a “pull up your socks” team member? Do you enjoy collaborating with clients and providing them with high-quality service? Do you have the natural curiosity and experience to identify opportunities for continuous improvement? Do you love problem-solving and putting complex puzzles together? Are you tired of commuting to the city and wish you could work close to home? If you answered yes, then we want to hear from you!
A Brane Wave Senior Bookkeeper provides bookkeeping and accounting services to various businesses. Services include data entry, bank reconciliations, maintenance of A/R, A/P, & inventory accounts, payroll, answering client questions, etc. The Bookkeeper is responsible for full-cycle bookkeeping & payroll services for small business clients using QuickBooks Online (QBO), QuickBooks Desktop and associated cloud-based applications.
- Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information
- Checks figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes
- Classifies, records and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers
- Debits, credits and totals accounts in computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software
- Receives, records and banks cash, checks and vouchers
- Complies with federal, provincial and company policies, procedures and regulations
- Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses
- Codes documents according to company procedures
- Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records
- Training clients on best practices and applicable software applications
- Other Duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Completion of secondary school
- CPB (Certified Professional Bookkeeper) designation is preferred
- QBO Basic, QBO Advanced Certification and other app certifications (i.e. HubDoc, DEXT) are preferred but not required
- 5 years’ experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll services and payroll reports
- Effectively collaborate with visitors, clients, staff, and/or coworkers in a professional manner
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting and payroll principles and procedures
- A High level of aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
- In-depth knowledge of provincial and federal regulations related to payroll processing and generally accepted accounting practices.
- Ability to organize, shift priorities and work independently.
- Proficiency with popular bookkeeping software such as QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online and associated applications (Hubdoc, Receipt Bank)
- Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations
- Class “G” Driver’s License in good standing with own vehicle to use on company business preferred (extremely minimal local travel may be required on occasion)
- Available to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime
- Satisfactory Police Criminal Background Check.
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday
- Some Overtime as required
- 37.5 hours per week
- On-site with the possibility of Hybrid work
*Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Recruiter calls or emails, please.
Branewave is committed to accommodating all applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code for all employment activities, including the recruitment process.
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to Human Resources.
Please attach your cover letter and resume as one document and reference the job title clearly in the subject heading.
Branewave thank’s all applicants for their interest, however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.